Monday 24 October 2011

Deep Dark Lippy



This lush picture of Louise Thompson and Spencer Matthews, from E4's Made in Chelsea, reminded me of the deep dark make-up style going on this season.  I just love the way plum, burgundy and dark red lipstick has made a come-back.  The make-up ties in prominently with the 'fetish' trend this season but on a classy, edgy and sophisticated note.  


I've done some experimentation with some of my own make-up.  I have a collection of Estée Lauder lipsticks and found that mixing
colours 'rose tea' and 'fig' produced a lovely 
deep red colour.  I am going to try dark 
make-up on my friend this week and take a few
photo's to see if my skills can interpret this
beautiful look.  


Because I just hate a lipstick rim on a clean drinking glass I avoid
any transferring lipsticks.  I know they say 'doesn't come off 
for so many hours' but they do.  Kate Moss for Rimmel London's 
lasting finish lipsticks don't transfer. There is a lovely deep 
berry/plum colour that is a must-have.  They are available in Boots 
and any other retailer which sells Rimmel make-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment